by Joohyun Park, Chengchao Zhu
Interactive waterfall invites users to virtuality and reality, or somewhere between.
09. 2017 – 12. 2017
This project is designed to provide twisted experience partly based on physics and daily behavior. Being inspired by oriental painting and Jean Baudrillard’s simulacre, we tried to bring unexpected moments that will break user’s mental map by creating multiple layers between virtuality and reality.
PROTOTYPING & USER TEST 1
90% of participants were satisfied with the twisted moment. This result proceeded us to the next question: How to create more interaction to make users stay longer? Through the first brief user test, we drew below insights as additions.
- Use of real water for unexpected layer
- Additional input source for interaction
- Clear tone & manner through abstract visual
PROTOTYPING & USER TEST 2
- Use visual on screen as a trigger point for further interaction along with real water.
- Combine all devices in one interface.